QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS: DESCRIPTIVE STATISTICS, ORDINAL SCALE AND DICHOTOMOUS VARIABLE ASSIGNMENT
Using the CollegeStudentData.sav file (see Appendix A), do the following problems. Print your outputs and circle the key parts of the output that you discuss.
4.1.For the variables with five or more ordered levels, compute the skewness. Describe the results. Which variables in the dataset are approximately normally distributed/scale? Which ones are ordered but not normal?
4.2.Do a stem-and-leaf plot for the same-sex parent’s height split by sex at birth. Discuss the plots.
4.3.Which variables are nominal? Run Frequencies for the nominal variables and other variables with fewer than five levels. Comment on the results.
4.4.Do boxplots for student height and for hours of study. Compare the two plots. Make Sure to:
- Attach your word document for review and grading. Other file formats are not accepted and will not be graded. Use the following filename format: LastName_BUSI820_AssignmentX.docx
- Include a table of contents and a reference section. Number your pages in the footer along with the date. Include a header starting on page 2 with the Course and assignment number.
- Write the problem number and the problem title as a level one heading (Example ‐ A.1.1: Chapter 2, Problem 2.1, and then provide your response.
- Use level two headings with short titles for multi part questions (Example ‐ A1.1.a, Short Title, A1.1.b, Short Title II, etc.)
- Use appropriate level headings for key elements of your discussion such as Research Questions, Hypotheses, Descriptive Statistics, Assumptions & Conditions, Interpretation, Results, and others. Your goal is to make your analysis easy to follow and logical.
- Ensure that all tables and graphs are legible and include a figure number.
- Carefully review your document prior to submission for formatting, flow, and readability. Keep in mind that running the statistical tests is only the first half of the challenge; you must be able to clearly communicate your findings to the reader.
2.Include an APA title block with your name, class title, date, and the assignment number.