Use the document “Prosocial Behavior” to successfully complete this assignment.
Topic 8 – Altruism and Cooperation
This assignment contains two parts. You may type directly into this worksheet.
Part I: Random Acts of Kindness Foundation Website
Visit the website of The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation, an organization dedicated to altruistic pursuits. Review the information, literature, and downloadable documents, then in 100-250 words answer the following two questions.
1. What is the purpose of this website/movement?
2. What story or stories influenced you the most and why?
Part II: My Prosocial Day
Design your own assignment in which you implement five acts of kindness (prosocial behavior) or an entire DAY of compassion and kindness. Use your discretion, common sense, and modesty at all times. Do not put yourself in an environment of potential danger or harm.
Answer the following questions, one paragraph per question (100 words minimum) will suffice
1. Describe your implementation of kindness: what did you do, how did you approach the idea, where did you implement it and to whom?
2. Describe the reactions you perceived from others and yourself.
3. Describe what you learned about prosocial behavior from this exercise. Compare the actual application of the behavior relative to this topic material (hint: may want to integrate text info here!).
4. If you are a faith-based person, explain how your faith helped you implement your helping behavior. If you are not a faith-based person, explain what philosophy, belief system, or values you connected to helping behavior.
Please integrate at least one outside source into this worksheet. Solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines. Do not forget to list references at the bottom of the page.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.