Read Parallel Myths, Chapter 1, “An Introduction,” pp. 1 to 23, and Chapter 12, “Views of Myth and Meaning,” pp. 255 to 266
— Here you can find the files : https://we.tl/t-cXWB5RNUpV
– Read instructions carefully !!!!!!!!!
Note: Journals will be graded on completeness, display of thinking process, and effort, not grammar.
Your journal will consist of three steps:
Step One: Summarizing (What?)
First, summarize what you have read (what?). Describe ALL of the major concepts of the Chapters 1 & 12. For Chapters 12, you don’t have to include summaries of all the quotes, but briefly summarize at least eight viewpoints from the experts. Be sure to use direct quotations and paraphrases to construct a detailed summary of the passage. You are writing only for yourself here, so do not worry about grammatical errors, but be sure to include page numbers for exact quotations. Just be sure the summary is comprehensive and as close as possible to the original meaning.
PLEASE NOTE THAT AN ADEQUATE, FULLY WRITTEN SUMMARY SHOULD BE AT LEAST 500 WORDS.
Step Two: Responding (So What?)
Immediately following the summary, write your reaction to what you have just read (so what?). At this point, you want to explore your reaction to the text and connect the new information to your existing web of knowledge.
PLEASE NOTE THAT A REACTION RESPONSE SHOULD BE AT LEAST 250 WORDS.
Step Three: Analyzinga
Respond in detail to the following prompts:
- After reading the multiple definitions of “myth” in your course text, articulate your own original definition of “myth” in one to three sentences.
- Remember at least three myths that you were told as a child. For each of the three myths, complete the following:
- Write out a summary of each myth.
- Does the myth explain a cause and effect relationship, lay out a familiar natural or social environment to make the world more predictable, legitimize or call into question social functions or hierarchies, or provide some measure of consolation for the tragedies of life? How does it do that?
- What meaning has the myth contributed to your culture?
- Does the myth still have resonance today? How?
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANALYSIS RESPONSES SHOULD ADD UP TO AT LEAST 400 WORDS.
AFTER FINISHING THIS THERE IS A SMALL ANOTHER TASK I NEED YOU TO DO IT FOR ME PLEASE WHICH IS SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM THE FIRST TASK “Parallel My
I need you to response on two class mates discussions !
I will send you the discussions ASAP
It is different task but is is in the same class