Health Promotion And Disease Prevention
Understanding diseases present within the community allows public health nurses to prioritize health promotion and disease prevention strategies.
Analyze infectious diseases by:
- Defining epidemiology, outbreak, incidence, and prevalence
- Evaluating the role of nursing in epidemiology
- Evaluating current infectious diseases locally, statewide, and nationally
- Associating three of the most current infectious diseases with Healthy People 2020 objectives
- Analyzing evidence-based practices aimed at reducing infectious diseases
Format your assignment as one of the following:
- 18- to 20-slide presentation with detailed speaker notes and references
- 15- to 20-minute oral presentation, you can use any platform for creating the recorded oral presentation, include references
- 875-word APA paper with references
Cite a minimum of three scholarly sources. References need to be within the past five years.
Include an APA-formatted reference page.