Portfolio Management Case Study Research Paper
Goal: Case Study Research on Portfolio Management in an industry.
Select a case study and industry sector Chapter 7 first case study: Company A ( Power Trader)
Requirement: (Only write red light part)
Write a 8-page summary of the Moustafaev case study. Eight pages include diagrams and tables. Structure of the paper is as follows:
- Case Study Report Title with name of student/s
- Introduction (you are advised to subsitute or add an Executive Summary). No Abstract is needed.
- Summary of Industry
- Summary of Company being researched (can be one or more)
- Portfolio Composition of the Company being researched
- Provide critical comments if the portfolio looks good.
- Optimization or re-balancing a portfolio given economic changes in the environment.
- 1) Summarize content from the case study as presented by the author freely. Even if no APA citation is provided for the case study content you can still earn full points for that aspect. However, please indicate clearly in the bibliography the sections (Example, “Content from the section “Summary of Company being Researched and Company A” was reproduced from the required case study book as is”.)
- For the last two sections of the paper you will be providing original insight and citing other sources — you must provide APA citation.)
- You have an opportunity to address the following:
- Given the current economic shock to the global economy (use the COVID-19 Pandemic as a very real example, if you like) assume that the company in your selected case study requires a project portfolio modification.
- Explain what specifically needs to change with the portfolio selection process for the selected firm and why? This could include the following:
- o Corporate strategy
- o Strategic alignment of portfolio
- o Scoring model
- o Portfolio project balancing
- o Provide an updated bubble quadrant chart to depict the new optimal portfolio based on the research assumptions.
- o Make assumptions of the case study freely (but state them explicitly in your paper)
- See if you can tie in textbook knowledge about Portfolio Management – Example, the Portfolio Life Cycle, or how organizations approve more initiatives than they can deliver, creating dissatisfaction when those projects fail to achieve expected results. Question why is there a reluctance to reduce the number of projects in progress or change the course?