Discuss the following:
- In today’s economy, there are a wide number of powerful companies who in all appearances control massive segments of different markets. Using the Strayer Legal Research database or the FTC website below, research and provide one case example within the last two years of a company engaging in anti-trust activity. Why was the activity anti-competitive OR, if the court found otherwise, why not? Explain the facts, parties, the law and outcome of the case. Please try to find a case no one has yet posted about.
- Identify and explain what Horizontal restraint of trade is and Vertical restraint of trade and provide for an example of each.
- Use the link here for legal research and case law: https://libdatab.strayer.edu/login?url=https://www.nexisuni.com
- Use the link here for case law (be sure the case is an anti-trust case): Cases and Proceedings: Advanced Search | Federal Trade Commission (ftc.gov)
- Please substantiate your answers and provide and cite sources following Strayer Writing Standards.