CAREER RESEARCH PAPER
Format: 3 pages, double-spaced, typed, #12 font Content:
- For the Career Research Paper, choose a career that interests you or one suggested by the career assessments done in the class. Answer these possible questions:
- Describe the career. What are the typical job duties? Why are you interested in this career?
- Are certain personality types and skills desired and/or required? How does your personality type match this career or not? Go back to your AchieveWorks Assessments. Click on this Video (Links to an external site.) on finding your assessment results.
- What are some advantages and disadvantages of working in this career? What type of environment will you be working in?
- What is a typical day, week, month, year? What is the salary or pay? Part time? Full time?
- What is the job outlook? Is there a demand or not in this field? How difficult or not difficult is it to gain employment in this career?
- What are the educational requirements? Licenses?
- What are related majors or majors needed for this career?
- What are related occupations for this career? Research other occupations similar that may be of interest.
- What are the growth opportunities?
- What interesting facts did you discover?
- Extra: Find a job advertisement on this career and paste it on a piece of paper or download it from a website (extra)
- To research your career, use at least 4 sources of information:
- Websites, Texts, E-books, Articles (databases at the library)
- Informational Interview: It is encouraged you use an interview with a person in your career of interest. Go back to the Informational Interview Assignment.
- Assessments you did in CollegeScope. Click on any chapter and view your results in your portfolio that includes AchieveWorks Assessments (Personality, Multiple Intelligences, Learning, Skills). Click on this Video (Links to an external site.) on finding your assessment results.
- O*Net Online (Links to an external site.) (go back to your library research_
- Occupational Outlook Handbook (Links to an external site.)
- Outlook Quarterly and Career Outlook Publications (Links to an external site.)
- Include a “Works Cited” listing of the sources you used. Get help form the library if you need help with your “Works Cited” format. Go back to the Library Discussion where you learned how to cite sources. For computer sources, list the Web address and date accessed. Remember to ask a Librarian for help. There is also an online librarian.
- Visit the Career Center (Links to an external site.) to get help researching.
Kindly order here 👉 https://questessays.com/order/