It is important to have an awareness of why a psychologist chooses certain tests to include in an assessment battery. It is also important to understand how a forensic psychological risk assessment is conducted differently from other types of psychological clinical assessments. Understanding these differences sets the stage for much of your learning in the weeks to come.
In this Discussion, you will review the Learning Resources and apply your knowledge to the case.
- Review the case study provided in Chapter 5 of the course text.
- Review the Learning Resources.
- Consider the following questions:
- What did the psychologist consider when he chose the specific test instruments?
- Why did the psychologist utilize the Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI)?
- Since the counsel on the case did not request a risk assessment, why did the forensic psychologist choose to utilize the Psychopathy Checklist-Revised (PCL-R) along with the Psychopathic Personality Inventory-Revised (PPI-R) and the Static-99?
- Why is it important that a forensic psychology practitioner, who does not administer test instruments, have an understanding of these test instruments in his or her work?
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleague’s postings. Begin by selecting the Post to Discussion link, then select Create Thread to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click Submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts, and you cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before selecting Submit!
BY DAY 3
Post a response to the following, based on the case study:
- Provide a brief summary of the case.
- Explain what role the forensic psychology professional played in selecting the forensic risk assessment instrument used in the case.
- Explain characteristics of the assessment that make it effective for this case.
- Explain the implications regarding the selection of the assessment instrument and its impact on the outcome of the case.
Support your responses with evidence from the Learning Resources.
Kindly order here 👉 https://questessays.com/order/